Sunday, March 3, 2013

Healthy In, Healthy Out

Parenting is tricky. You not only have to figure out how to raise a human being, but sometimes you have to raise yourself too. Previously you lived your life how you want, without much regard to how much your actions may mold others (at least I did) and then suddenly there's a brand new person who looks to you for every single queue.

Now things that used to seem to be a personal matter are a household matter. Take weight loss or healthy eating, for example. I've realized that being frustrated with my body and making poor eating decisions will effect someone other than me. The negativity that I spout may someday form bad thoughts in my child's head. This saddens me and is more motivation than ever to change my ways. I've brought this before God and I've formed a new motto for myself:

"Healthy in, healthy out."

I will strive to only put healthy things into my mouth and only let healthy, productive words out of my mouth. Hopefully I can remember this when I want to curse at someone in traffic while being tempted to stop for a fried chicken sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment